Best New Online UK Casinos
New online casinos for players from the United Kingdom launch almost every day and we want to help you sort the good from the bad. Our team looks at all the new online casinos and puts them through rigorous testing - looking at bonuses, software, games offered, and more. If you are looking for a new online casino in the United Kingdom to play at, you'll find everything you need on our site.
What are the Best Banking Options in Great Britain?
In order to play for real money at any new online casino in the United Kingdom, you need to be able to fund your account. There are numerous banking options available for players in the United Kingdom and below we list the most popular choices that you'll find at new online casinos.
- Debit and Credit Cards: Debit and credit cards, such as Visa and MasterCard, are the easiest way to deposit money into new online casinos. Credit cards are widely accepted in the United Kingdom. It is worth noting that MasterCard is not accepted for online casino withdrawals. Deposits are instant and there are generally no fees attached.
- E-Wallets: e-Wallets are a great option for those who don't want to give out their financial data or credit card details at new online casinos in the United Kingdom. They are like an online bank account and accepted at all new online casinos. Choices include Neteller and Skrill. Deposits are instant and they can be used for withdrawals as well.
- Prepaid Cards: These are similar to debit cards and you can only use the funds that you place on them. You lodge the money onto the prepaid card before you can use it. Some options for United Kingdom players include Entropay, EcoPayz, and NetSpend. Deposits are instant but these cannot be used for withdrawals.
- Bank Transfer: Unlike all the other options, bank transfers are not instant and will take the longest when you use them as a withdrawal method at new online casinos in the United Kingdom. You are essentially transferring money directly into your new online casino account from your bank. The funds won't appear in your casino balance until they clear though and this can take a couple of days sometimes.
Leading Software Developer Companies
The online gambling industry in the United Kingdom is massive and there are hundreds of different software providers creating casino games. In order to offer games in the United Kingdom, they must obtain a license from the UK Gambling Commission. Below are the top software companies offering slots, table games, and poker to new online casinos in the United Kingdom.
- NetEnt: If you've ever played at an online casino that accepts players from the United Kingdom, you've more than likely heard of NetEnt. They are one of the world's best software providers and are best known for their slots and free spins offer on titles like Starburst and Gonzo's Quest. They also have a massive progressive jackpot network. The software is available in no download instant play and they release new games every month. They even have their own live dealer software for those who enjoy table games like blackjack, roulette, and poker. Mobile gaming is also available.
- Microgaming: Often voted the top software provider in the United Kingdom, this software provider has been around since 1994 and has won numerous awards and been at the forefront of the online gambling industry for years. They release at least 2 new titles every month, have the largest progressive jackpot network, and the software is available in download and no download instant play as well as mobile formats. They have more than 850 games in their arsenal including slots and table games.
- Playtech: Another big-name casino software provider that has won numerous awards over the years. They offer a lot of different types of games including slots, bingo, poker, and more. They also power some of the biggest gambling sites in the United Kingdom as well as a number of sportsbooks. There are progressive jackpots and the software is compatible with all operating systems in a no download instant play format as well as mobile options for those who prefer gaming on the go.
- Evolution Gaming: When it comes to live dealer software in the United Kingdom, you won't get better than Evolution Gaming. They have been developing live casino games since 2006 and any of the new online casinos that offer live dealer games will more than likely be using this software provider. The quality offered is outstanding not to mention the professional croupiers employed to deal the cards and spin the roulette wheel. Live games include baccarat, poker, Lightning Dice, blackjack, and more.
UK Casino Licensing and Regulatory Bodies
New online casinos that wish to offer games to the United Kingdom market must have a valid license from the UK Gambling Commission. The license number will also be displayed on the website. Online gambling in the United Kingdom is very strict and the introduction of the Gambling Act ensures that all operators must be licensed and regulated, and they have to have a license from the UKGC and can only use software that has a UKGC license too. Responsible gaming also has to be included.
Most Popular Games in Great Britain
There have been so many great games released so far this year. From slots to video poker and to help you get started, we have listed our top favorites below.
- Dead or Alive II: This is a NetEnt slot released in April 2019. It features stunning graphics and an epic soundtrack. There is a massive jackpot of 2,000,000 coins up for grabs which makes this a slot you will want to try. There are bonus features included such as wilds and free spins which help to boost your winning potential too.
- Mega Pyramid: This slot was released by Red Tiger Gaming and has an Egyptian theme. Players get to wander around the pyramids and pick up lots of big and small wins in the process. There are some great bonus features too including free spins and multipliers.
- Queen's Day Tilt: This Play'N Go slot released in February 2019 and is a little different. It is played on a 3x3 grid and has a 96.36% RTP. The theme is based on ancient knights that must fight for the love of their queen. Players can win up to 5,000x their stake and there are some great bonus features.
- Strolling Staxx: This is another NetEnt slot released in January 2019. It is themed around classic fruit slots and has 5 reels and 10 paylines. The RTP is 95.95% and the graphics are excellent. Symbols include classics such as strawberries, cherries, and plums.
- Excalibur's Choice: This slot comes from Barcrest and has a medieval theme. It was released in February 2019 and is reminiscent of old Vegas slots. It comes with a free spins bonus round.
- Vikings: Another popular choice from NetEnt, which was inspired by the hit TV show of the same name. It is a 5 reel, 243 ways to win slot with a 96.03% RTP. Spins start from as little as 0.02 and the jackpot up for grabs is 1,000,000 coins.
Sportsbook vs Online Casino Bonuses in the UK
Anyone considering signing up with a new online casino in the United Kingdom will look at the welcome bonus first so it's important to understand what is being offered. Many United Kingdom sportsbooks incorporate a casino into their offering as well, but it is worth noting that there are a number of differences between sportsbook and casino bonuses. For one, sportsbook bonuses tend to be called free bets and have a much lower value. Below is a list of the different types of bonuses offered by sportsbooks and casinos and an explanation of what they are. This will help make your decision a little easier.
- Match Bonus: These are similar to cashable bonuses you'll find at United Kingdom casinos and a sportsbook example might be a 100% match up to $50. It will have wagering requirements which could be 3x bonus and deposit. Wagering requirements for online sportsbooks tend to be a lot lower than those at casinos. The lower wagering requirements might look good, but they don't always work out that way, and clearing them using bets on sporting events can take time. You might have to wait for hours or days for your bets to be completed. Match bonuses at online casinos tend to be of higher value, for example, 100% up to $300, but the wagering requirements are higher and usually between 30x and 50x. They are, however, easier to clear because you have a lot more games to play and can bet higher amounts.
- Free Bets: Some online sportsbooks in the United Kingdom offer free bets to players who sign up for a new account. The way this happens is that if your bet wins you get your winnings but if your bet loses your money back in the form of a free bet. Some will have wagering requirements and some free bets have restrictions on the bets you can make, for example, you might have to choose odds of 2.0 or higher. Free bets can be similar to no deposit casinos offers in that you get to place a bet risk-free.
- No Deposit Bonus: This is by far the most sought after bonus for all new online casino players in the United Kingdom because it is a 100% risk-free way to test out a new site and win real money. It can come in three forms; free cash, free spins, or free time. All you have to do is fill in the registration form to claim it. The free cash offer can typically be anywhere from $5 up to $25 and can be used to play slots and some table games. The free spins are for specific slots or a selection of titles only and vary from 10 to 50 spins most of the time but can be higher. Free time is where players get a large credit balance and an hour in which to play as many games as they like and win as much as possible. There are wagering requirements and the amount you can win is often capped at between $50 and $100, but they are by far the best way to play free games and see what a new online casino is like.
Now that you know everything there is to know about new online casinos and what to expect if you gamble online in the United Kingdom, why not check out our reviews and bonuses. We have a list of all the latest free spins and no deposit bonuses so you can enjoy risk-free real money gambling and test out some great new online casinos.